Sunday, November 22, 2009

Week 3, Thing #5


Flickr:  I've created a Flickr account and uploaded a photo.  The pic above is from Washington D.C. when I attended the National Council of Teacher of Mathematics National Convention last April.  I changed all my privacy settings...creeps me out a bit that photos I post can be searched, downloaded etc.  That's me and my digital immigrant-ness expressing itself!

Tagging:  I've tagged photos in Facebook before and I imagine the process works much the same here, although on Flickr you can tag a photo to show up and be viewed by a specific "group" of users and also that one photo can accomodate 75 tags.

Groups: is a group of users you are a member of, like all the library groups.  What a great way to share what's going on around the world with folks that have similar interests...like library functions, programs, etc.

Ann

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit that I am of two minds about the tagging thing. there is actually a name for user developed organizing - Folksanomies - what a great word. The problem is that tagging is only as good as the tags you chose. some people think that the more tags the better but what I find happens is that being too broad creates a lot of false hits. It may just be the librarian in me.....

    Ann

    ReplyDelete