Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Thing #8 Week 4

What do you like about RSS and newsreaders? I have been meaning to set this up in my iGoogle...Martina Henke piqued my interest.  I'm always looking for time savers and this is great.  It was challenging to find sites with RSS feeds that I was interested in enough/or had relevant enough information to be useful and applicable to my job.  I have subscribed to the following sites through their RSS feeds:  www.whizz.us/blog Math, Education, and Everything Else, www.math.about.com About Mathematics, www.witf.org Education, and www.eschoolnews.com/news/best-practice eSchool News - Best Practices

How do you think you might be able to use this technology in your school or personal life? 
By choosing relevant topics I am interested for my profession, I will use this technology every day as I attempt to stay current with what is happening in the education scene nationally.  : )  I could cut my entertainment budget by subscribing to People magazine's RSS....

How can libraries use RSS or take advantage of this new technology?  How about how can Math Curriculum Departments take advantage of this new technology?  I am always wondering what is going on in similar school districts of our size, or wanting to compare instructional coaching programs, or wondering what current research says about a certain topic.  Using an RSS feed is an efficient way to stay current and not have to re-create the wheel every time I get on the net to research something.  I plan on adding additional feeds as I find sites that are useful to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment